Sunday, November 22, 2015

NaNoWriMo 2015 - November 22

Not too much exciting to talk about for this writing run. It went really well. I completed the scene where my main antagonist revealed herself. Well, I had written it before, but that was in the "deleted scene" that I'm throwing out. This version plays out a bit different. I had one of my protagonists interact with her, and attempt to resist her overwhelming powers. Then I switched around to her point of view after she got what she wanted from him. This worked SO much better than having the Book of Thoth moment with one character speaking about the antagonist's motivations. Instead we get to hear them from her point of view. It gives her character more depth, and we realize why she's doing the things she's doing. I also had fun with the protagonist attempting a battle of wills with her and not handling it well. It was kind of funny and sad all at the same time.

Started in on the next chapter where my other protagonist finds himself in a alien environment. It is strange how much easier this similar sequence is to write this time around. Well that's about it. Looking forward to continuing tomorrow.

Music for this run:

  • Batman (soundtrack) - Danny Elfman
  • The Ninth Gate (soundtrack) - Wojciech Kilar
  • The Uninvited (soundtrack) - Christopher Young
Final Word Count: 45544

No comments: