Saturday, November 12, 2016

NaNoWriMo 2016 - November 12

So this is the second weekend day I'm working on my novel for NaNoWriMo and I wasn't sure how well it would go. I wasn't really feeling the writing bug tonight, but I have a bunch of stuff to get done tomorrow and I wasn't sure when I'd get my writing time in. So I decided to give it a shot, and even thought about splitting my word count goal over today and tomorrow.

Surprisingly once I got started I was able to meet my word goal and get some important character stuff added to the story. As I mentioned I have four acolyte protagonists. I've been bouncing around between two of them primarily - the queen bee character and the rogue character. I've also go the bookworm who got her scene earlier in the week. I finally had some time to work on the Jock character. Yeah I'm kind of giving them these stereotypical names in the blog, but they are all a bit more rounded than those descriptions indicate. In fact my "jock" character is actually dealing with what she thinks is a loss of faith in herself and the Goddess. She's struggling with the idea of even attempting the Trials that will lead to full priestesshood. But her and the queen bee characters are intense rivals (at least in queen bee's eyes) so I have some fun with the sparks they generate whenever they run into each other.

But it was nice writing in the jock's head for a bit and giving her perspective on some of the events that have happened up to this point. I'm feeling like this is the end of act 1 (finally) and that once they start on that Path of Trials, act 2 will really kick in. That should occur in the next writing session or two.

All told a productive night. But I'm done for the week. That's fine because I just hit my halfway point in word count for NaNoWriMo. Right on schedule!

Tonight's stats:

Page Start: 120
Page End: 126
Word Count Start: 50542
Word Count End: 53463
Nanowrimo Word Count: 25,831
Music:

Sodom and Gomorrah – Miklos Rozsa

No comments: