Monday, November 14, 2016

NaNoWriMo 2016 - November 14

Didn't get a lot of sleep last night, so I wasn't really feeling the writing bug tonight either. But I pushed ahead anyway and actually met my goal. Most of what was happening was the acolytes going through some final ceremonies and rituals before they start on the Path of Trials. Again, I'm not sure how much of this will end up in the final draft. It feels right to be adding all these details to the world I'm creating, but how much of this is going to be interesting to a reader? Not sure.

But since I'm using the perspective of the different acolytes as they experience these rituals, we are getting some good character stuff in there too. In addition, the High Priestess tells us a bit more about what is actually at stake on this Path of Trials during he ritual. It is really spelled out for the first time here, and I think that works fine.

So my next writing session will have the four girls starting on the path and finally, finally heading into act 2. No really they are. :)

And yeah, I was listening to some Star Wars scores today. But in all honesty Star Wars is primarily a fantasy story with science fiction trappings. The music especially isn't particularly sci-fi. But it really falls into the swashbuckling adventure score mode of the Golden Age. I know these scores so well, they' don't distract me, but do inspire... well except for "The Jedi Steps and Finale" track from The Force Awakens. That is such a great build up, I just have to stop and listen to it.

Stats for the evening.

Page Start: 126
Page End: 132
Word Count Start: 53463
Word Count End: 56389
Nanowrimo Word Count: 28757
Music:

  • Star Wars: A New Hope – John Williams
  • Star Wars: The Force Awakens – John Williams

No comments: